INGREDIENTS: 4 thick slices of your favorite bread
1 small yellow onion
1 celery stalk
3 garlic cloves
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon oregano
salt & pepper
1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
1/4 cup half & half
2 pounds boneless pork loin
4-8 slices of uncooked bacon
2. Heat a skillet to medium heat with 2 tablespoons of butter in it.
3. Add the chopped vegetables and crushed garlic to the melted butter in the skillet to sauté. Stir in the poultry seasoning, oregano, and salt & pepper, to taste.
4. When the vegetables are tender (8-10 minutes), place them in the bowl of bread pieces.
5. Pour in the chicken stock or broth, half & half, and 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Lightly stir it all together until combined and set aside.
6. Cut the boneless pork lion into chops, each measuring about 2 inches.
7. By using a sharp paring knife, cut a little opening for the pocket on the very tops of each cut chop. Make the slit only about 2 to 2 1/2 inches wide. (Depends upon how wide the meat is.) But make the pocket inside a little wider. Be careful as to not go all the way out the other side of the meat.
8. Stuff as much of the bread stuffing inside of the pork chop.
9. Salt and pepper each side.
10. Wrap and tuck the ends of the uncooked bacon underneath the pork chop.
11. Place the stuffed chops on a greased baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart.
12. Bake in a preheated 400 degrees oven for 45-55 minutes or until it is 170 degrees in the middle. Use a meat thermometer and place in the middle of each pork chop.
13. Allow the meat to rest for about 5 minutes before serving!Read full preparation method