INGREDIENTS: 1 1/3 cups sugar
zest of a lemon
1 stick of butter
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1 cup of blueberries
1. Mix all (1 1/3 cups sugar, zest of a lemon, 1 stick of butter, softened, 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp almond extract, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract) together until light and creamy.
2. Now add in a bit at a time: 2 cups of flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt.
3. Next, add in: 2/3 cup milk, 1 cup of blueberries
4. Mix everything to make a nice batter. I do this by hand, it’s easy.
5. For the top you will need: turbinado sugar, some sliced almonds, nutmeg.
6. Pour the batter into muffin liners and sprinkle w/ the almonds, nutmeg and raw sugar (I think the nutmeg is what makes these muffins so good).
7. Bake in a 375F oven for 23-25 minutes until puffed and golden.
8. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
Enjoy!Read full preparation method