INGREDIENTS: 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4-6 oz of sliced Mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups of Marinara sauce
4-5 leaves of fresh basil
2/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup of dry Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
2. Slice the chicken breasts in two, width-wise (like you would butterfly it but all the way through). Cover the cutting board with saran wrap, place the chicken halves on it and cover them with another sheet of saran wrap. Pound the chicken halves carefully, do not pound all the way thorough or break the skin. Salt and pepper the chicken.
3. Mix bread crumbs with dry Parmesan cheese and some salt and set aside. Mix the marinara sauce with some minced basil and set side.
4. Spread about 1-2 tbs of marinara sauce over the chicken.
5. Slice the mozzarella cheese into thin slices and divide them between the chicken halves (about 2-3 slices per breast).
6. Roll up the chicken, tightly. Bread the chicken by rolling it in bread crumbs, then the whisked egg and then again in bread crumbs.
7. Spread the remaining marinara sauce over the bottom of the baking dish and place the chicken in the dish, seam down.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded Parmesan over the chicken and bake for another 5-7 minutes. Read full preparation method