INGREDIENTS: The Salad:
2 chicken breasts, sliced
1 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 head Ice burg lettuce, shredded
2 cups chopped red cabbage
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped candied (or honey roasted) pecans
1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup apple cider
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
2. Add the sliced chicken breast, being sure not to overcrowd the pan. ( I had to cook mine in two batches)
3. Sprinkle on half a teaspoon of thyme and the salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes before flipping and sprinkling on the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
4. About 1 minute before you’re about to remove the chicken, drizzle on the maple syrup. Cook for the minute and transfer chicken to a plate.
5. In a large bowl add the shredded ice burg. Mix in the cabbage, cranberries, pecans, and Gorgonzola cheese. (You can add the cooked chicken in here as well, or wait and add it to each plate individually.) Toss all the ingredients together.
6. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider, the vinegar, dijon, olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
7. To serve, divide the salad among four different plates, top with cooked chicken, drizzle on dressing, and enjoy!Read full preparation method