INGREDIENTS: 2 sheets of puff pastry
8 oz cream cheese
2 Tbsp vanilla yogurt
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup jam (any flavor)
Egg wash: 1 egg white + 1 tsp. water
2. Cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 squares. Make about 1-inch cuts along two opposite sides of each square, all the way down, about 1/2 inch in thickness.
3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, yogurt and sugar with a mixer until light and smooth.
4. Fill the center of the pastry square with cream cheese and then jam over the cream cheese.
5. Braid the edges over the filling, interlocking one strip with it’s opposite strip. Go all the way down and fold in the last ones. Repeat with each pastry.
6. Whisk the egg white and water for the egg wash and brush each braided pastry with it.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden.Read full preparation method