INGREDIENTS: White Cupcakes
1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Tbsp. Clear Vanilla Extract
3 Egg Whites Whipped
1 1/2 Cup Cake Flour
1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/8 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Cup Milk
Jello 3.4oz Instant Lemon Pudding + Ingredients Listed On Box
2 Cups Unsalted Butter
2 Tbs. Lemon Extract
8 Cups Powdered Sugar
4-6 Tbs. Milk
Yellow Gel Coloring
Makes approx. 18 cupcakes.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add in sour cream. Beat until combined. Add in egg whites and vanilla, beat until combined.
3. Mix in dry ingredients.Add in milk and beat one last time on medium for about 30 seconds.
4. Spoon approx. 3 Tbsp. of batter into each cupcake liner and bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes. Let cool completely on icing rack.
5. While cupcakes are cooling you can whip up your pudding filling and lemon buttercream.
6. Mix pudding with milk as instructed on box and place in fridge to firm.
7. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together butter until soft and creamy. Slowly add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beat on medium until completely combined. Add in lemon extract and a bit of yellow gel coloring, beat once more until all is combined. Place a wet paper towel on top of icing bowl and set aside. (this will help keep it from crusting over while you are filling the cupcakes)
8. Once cupcakes are completely cool, core the cupcakes by using a medium round icing tips.
9. Place chilled lemon pudding in a piping bag with a medium round tip. Place tip down inside cored cupcakes and apply pressure while pulling up to fill cupcakes.
10. Place lemon buttercream into a piping bag with desired tip and pipe on top of cupcakes and filling.Read full preparation method