INGREDIENTS: 6 ears of corn
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ small zucchini
1 large or 2 small fresh jalapeno’s left whole
½ cup canned black beans
4-6 scallions (1/2 cup)
½ cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Juice from one lime
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sriracha
½ cup mayonnaise
8 ounces Farmer’s cheese (Queso Blanco)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel back corn husks but do not remove and take off all silk from the ears. Fold the husks back up around the ears. Fill a large pot or your kitchen sink with corn, salt and enough water to cover the corn. Place something on top of the corn to keep it submerged and soak for 15 minutes.
2. While corn is soaking, heat grill to medium.
3. Remove corn from water and drain off excess water. Place corn with husks on grill and cook for about 15 minutes turning every five minutes or so. If the husks burn, don’t worry, they will be discarded. Set aside to cool.
4. Turn grill up to high.
5. Brush vegetable oil on the zucchini slices and grill on both sides for just a minute or until there is a nice char but the squash still has some bite to it. Do not over cook. Set aside to cool.
6. Put the jalapeno on the hot grill and turn until all sides are black and blistered. Remove from grill and put in a paper bag or plastic bag for a few minutes to loosen up skin. Remove skin and discard and then cut down the center and remove and discard stem and seeds. Dice into small pieces and set aside.
7. Remove corn husks and discard. Using a bunt pan, place corn point end down into the center of the Bundt pan and with a sharp knife, cut kernels off and let fall into Bundt pan. Place cut corn in a large mixing bowl.
8. Cut the zucchini into small pieces and add to corn.
9. Add the cooked cut jalapeno pieces.
10. Add all other ingredients, taste and add salt and pepper only if it needs it.
11. Allow the salad to sit for an hour in your refrigerator so the flavors blend, then serve.Read full preparation method