INGREDIENTS: 2 c sirloin tips
2 tsp olive oil
1 yellow onion
2 c mushrooms
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c dry red wine
1.5 c beef broth
3 c egg noodles
2 Tbsp parsley
2. Turn the cubes frequently to ensure even browning on all sides.
3. Add the onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until the onions are fragrant.
4. Add the mushrooms and garlic and reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes longer, or until mushrooms are brown.
5. Combine the flour, thyme leaves, black pepper and nutmeg in a small dish.
6. Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over the meat and mushroom mixture, stirring well.
7. Allow the flour mixture to “toast” in the pan without burning for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
8. Then, stir in the red wine and beef broth.
9. Stir until the liquid comes to a boil and thickens very slightly.
10. Reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer for 20 minutes.
11 The sauce will continue to thicken as water evaporates during cooking. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a few tablespoons of water or beef broth.
12. While the meat is cooking, cook the noodles according to package directions.
13. When tender, stir the noodles and parsley into the beef mixture and heat through.Read full preparation method